Difference between revisions of "Rovio Entertainment (Finland)"
Latest revision as of 08:21, 15 January 2022
Rovio Entertainment Ltd., previously known as Relude and Rovio Mobile, is a Finnish video game developer and entertainment company based in Espoo. The company was founded in 2003 as a mobile game development studio named Relude, and in 2005 renamed as Rovio (Finnish for bonfire). The company also had an animation division, Rovio Animation. The company is best known for its video game franchise Angry Birds.
1st Logo (2005- )
Nicknames: "The Red Swirl", "The Red R"
Logo: On a white background, we see two red curves with jagged edges forming the R shape. The one on the left is big and the one on the right is small and crescent-shaped. Underneath the logo, are the words "Rovio" in a big black font. Copyright info is sometimes seen below.
- Sometimes, the logo is zoomed out further than usual. This can also happen if the user is running the game on resolutions greater than 1280x720 for the PC ports.
- On Angry Birds Star Wars, the logo is on a black background.
- Some games have the words "Mobile" underneath.
- Starting in 2016, the swirl is smaller and the Rovio text is red.
- An in credit white version appears on Angry Birds Toons.
- On the trailer of Angry Birds Rio, we see the 1st half of the 1994 20th Century Fox logo, then suddenly, the fanfare has stopped, and the angry red bird crashes the screen. When the screen cracks, we see the Rovio logo. Afterwards, the 20th Century Fox logo is broken in pieces, the circle in translation, and starts to the game trailer.
Availability: Very common; appears on games Rovio has made, such as the Angry Birds games.
Editor's Note: None.
2nd Logo (2013- )
Nicknames: "The Red Swirl II", "The Red R II", "The Red Flame"
Logo: On a white background, we see a flame lit. Suddenly, a red comet appears, swirling around the fire rapidly. Then, it twirls up, and it forms the Rovio logo. Then, the "ROVIO" text slides in underneath the "R" from the left, and the logo zooms out.
Trivia: This logo was actually made to go with the company's name, which is Finnish for bonfire.
- A pixelated version is seen on RETRY.
- Mostly, the logo is seen on a black background.
- Another variant has the "R" without jagged edges, and the "ROVIO" text in red. it's their current logo.
FX/SFX: The flames.
Music/Sounds: Flame sounds, followed by the Angry Birds-like fanfare consisting of a choir and a 5-note ditty played in flute.
Music/Sound Variants: On trailers, the fanfare is absent.
Availability: Common. Seen on the Wii U and Wii versions of Angry Birds Trilogy and the console versions of Angry Birds Star Wars. Also seen on trailers of some games.
Editor's Note: None.
3rd Logo (September 23, 2015-May 2016)
Nicknames: "The Red Swirl III", "CGI Red Swirl", "The Red R III", "CGI Red R", "The Red Flame II", "CGI Red Flame", "The First Movie Logo"
Logo: The print Rovio logo is seen in 3D, with the symbol in red and the text in 3D. Below it is a line and "ENTERTAINMENT" (In the same font as "ROVIO" but thinner), both in silver. The logo shines.
Variant: In the Brazilian teaser trailer for The Angry Birds Movie, the logo is in 2D with a shiny gradient inside it, and the text & line, which are in white instead of silver, wipe in from the left and move to the center. "ENTERTAINMENT" is also in a different font.
FX/SFX: CGI for the normal variant and 2D for the Brazilian one.
Music/Sounds: The opening theme of the trailer.
Availability: Only seen on the trailers for The Angry Birds Movie. The actual movie itself would use the Rovio Animation logo.