ABC Productions was another television production company of Capital Cities/ABC (now ABC, Inc.) reincorporated in 1987 from ABC Circle Films, the TV division of the ABC Television Network.
(December 6, 1988-2001)
Nicknames: "ABC Sunburst", "ABC Sunrise"
Logo: On a very dark brown background, we see a bright light with the word "productions" in the ABC "tube" font zooming out. The ABC logo, cut in half, rises from the light and shines brighter, zooming out with "productions" below. The ABC copyright stamp "(C) [YEAR] American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. All Rights Reserved" fades-in below in white shadow lettering for the 1996-2001 shows, and for off-net reruns of America's Funniest Home Videos shows from 1990-1995 had the copyright in orange. Most of the time, the logo doesn't feature the copyright stamp.
FX/SFX: The "ABC productions" text zooming. Sometimes, the logo is shortened or is still.
- 1988-1994: An ethereal synth choir fanfare.
- 1991-2001: A cheerful synth piano tune. It existed in long and short versions.
- Sometimes, the closing theme is played, or none.
- This can be found on My So-Called Life and The Commish (although the latter series is owned by the Cannell Studios), as well as the final season of Moonlighting.
- It can also be seen (albeit silent) on WGN America's reruns of the Fugelsang/Fuentes era of America's Funniest Home Videos.
- The syndication variant last appeared on the Bob Saget version of AFHV, which was last seen on Nick at Nite in 2007.
- This also appeared after the Bob Myer Productions logo on the short-lived sitcoms Joe's Life and Me and the Boys.
Editor's Note: None.