BBC Three (UK)
This description is missing images or videos.
Logo descriptions by Adventure_Time, I_Am_Jefferson, Mintbucket Videos by tvboxuk
1st Logo (February 9, 2003-February 12, 2008)
BBC Three (2003-2008)BBC Three (2003-2008)BBC Three (2003-2008)
Logo: The idents take place in a black-blue gradient environment and prominently feature a set of orange blobs and a towering "THREE" in the background. The BBC Three logo appears via a transition shortly after.
Trivia: The orange blobs parallel the CBBC green blobs used at the time and the CBeebies yellow blobs which are still used to this day, and show a progression through age groups.
- A prominent sting showed one blob standing in front of the figure 'THREE' shouting "Three!", before another 'THREE' rises up from underneath the original, toppling it.
- Idents may feature a snowy environment for the winter season.
- To promote the sketch series Little Miss Jocelyn, some idents are interrupted by the main character Jiffy, stating to give the blobs a ticket.
FX/SFX: The blobs, which are created by Stefan Marjoram at Aardman Animations, and may appear in different genders and costumes. The box containing the logo appears in many transitions, and range from dropping, bouncing, pulsing, and blurring.
Music/Sounds: Almost all of the variants have spoken lines for the blobs, provided by the BBC Sound Archive. Music plays after the logo transitions, and may range from a rendition of "Three is a Magic Number" from Schoolhouse Rock!, an instrumental version of "In The Morning" by indie rock band Razorlight, an electronic tune, a pop beat or a cowbell beat (in the case of the yodelling ident). On February 12th, 2008, before the channel's first rebrand, the usual music was replaced with music that follow the topic of leaving. Examples include "Release Me" by Engelbert Humperdinck, "Bye Bye Baby" by The Four Seasons and "So Long, Farewell" from the movie The Sound of Music.
Availability: Extinct, as they were replaced with the "Media World" ident branch.
Editor's Note: According to The Guardian, the blobs were eventually replaced because viewers found them "cold and shouty".
2nd Logo (February 12, 2008-October 1, 2013)
BBC Three (2008)BBC Three (2008)BBC Three (2008)
Nicknames: "Little People", "ThreeWorld", "Bizarre World"
Logos: We start out looking at the world as the straw is passing through the pipes. Various objects and people can be seen as the "BBC three" logo can be seen as the liquid passes by.
- Threefall: Five humans do bungee jumping from the sky. After that, the "BBC Three" logo is shown
- Ooze: We see an extraordinary-looking street; however, the liquid leaks from the cab, making the street nearly flooded. One person is swimming in it and the liquid passes by the "BBC Three" logo.
- Kickstepturn: We see an extraordinary-looking street once again. This time the camera is moving from the left until the "BBC Three" logo is shown.
- Birdbox: One of the people attempts to push the box. However, as the bird moves, they're scared and later, the "BBC Three" logo can be seen.
Music/Sounds: An upbeat electronic theme.
Availability: Same as before.
Editor's Note: None.
3rd Logo (September 15, 2013-January 4, 2016)
Nicknames: "Discovery", "Video Wall"
- Ripples and Lines: We see dots around the video wall. Afterwards, ripples are shown and the "BBC Three" logo is shown, and various lines can be seen across the video wall.
- Tunnel: We see a tunnel and boxes can be seen in the left and right corners. The tunnel is later formed and the "BBC Three" logo can be seen, albeit the "THREE" is flat. Various forms of the tunnel can be seen.
- Spotlight: We see lights popping out from the video wall and patterns of rhombus showing the logo of "BBC Three", then we seediagonalcrosses, lights and a vortex.
- Birds: At first, we see two birds that look glitched out, but then another one passes by. Then we see the "BBC Three" logo. The ident continues as the two birds are doing a formation.
- Sliding Cubes: We see a moving video wall that includes various artwork of skeletons, caricatures and a rose. During the first few seconds, the logo can be seen.
FX/SFX: Live-action, as if it was shot near the video wall installation.
Music/Sounds: All idents used an upbeat electronic theme, while the Tunnel ident uses a rock theme.
Availability: Same as before. First used in September 15, 2013, 14 days prior to the channel's rebrand on October 1, 2013.
Editor's Note: None.
4th Logo (January 4, 2016-March 31, 2016) (TV), (February 16, 2016-) (online)
Nicknames: "BBC II!", "BBC And The Bizarre II!", "Three Have Gone Wrong"
FX/SFX: 2D animation and CGI mixed up.
Music/Sounds: An ambient electronic theme.
Availability: Extinct on TV, but still in use online.
Editor's Note: TBA
Final Note: This is the last logo for the channel itself, making the channel online-only on February 16, 2016.