Barney Home Video
This description is missing images or videos.
Barney Home Video was a vanity imprint used by The Lyons Group for releases of Barney & Friends. The label later became a part of Lyrick Studios, and was folded in 2001 when Lyrick was purchased by HiT Entertainment.
1st Logo (September 2, 1992-September 26, 1995)
Nickname: "Barney the Dinosaur"
Logo: We see the yellow text "Barney", in the Barney corporate logo font, zooming out to the top of the screen as a blue square appears. The words "HOME VIDEO" fades in below the square, sparkling. Inside a square is a cartoon version of Barney, with his green tummy. Barney's eye shines, much like at the end of the opening credits for Barney and the Backyard Gang or Barney & Friends.
- There is a special variant seen on trailers of some Barney home videos in which "Also Available From" (in white) on a blue star fades in on the top-corner of the screen.
- On some videotapes, like Barney's Magical Musical Adventure, the logo replaces the original Barney & Friends title card during the theme song.
FX/SFX: The "Barney" logo zooming out, and Barney's eye "shining". Pretty decent animation for the time, likely done on an Ampex ADO.
Music/Sounds: A whimsical, quirky fanfare that interpolates the Barney and the Backyard Gang/& Friends theme song near the end. Composed by Bob Singleton.
- On releases until Let's Pretend With Barney, the logo is silent.
- The intro variant uses the Barney & Friends theme.
- On Barney en Vivo en Nueva York (Barney Live! In New York City), an announcer says "Barney Y Sus Amigos".
Availability: Appears on early Barney videos, starting with the 1992 VHS of Barney's Birthday (though other copies don't have this logo and instead use just the CPT and CPB logos of the time). It was last used on Riding in Barney's Car (a.k.a. Are We There Yet?) from 1995.
Editor's Note: None.
2nd Logo (November 7, 1995-Late 2000s)
Nicknames: "Barney the Dinosaur II", "The Yellow Star"
Logo: We start with a yellow background, but suddenly the background folds into a CGI star on a blue Magna Doodle-like tube, revealing a cartoon version of Barney on a black background. The word "Barney", in a blue 3D stylized, Barney corporate logo font, flies up at the top of the screen, below the logo is the words "HOME VIDEO" wiping in via an effect. Barney's eye "winks" once, exactly much like the 1st logo.
- Beginning in 1996, Barney tapes that are part of the "Classic Collection" (such as the 1996 re-prints of the Barney and the Backyard Gang videos), have a special variant in which "CLASSIC COLLECTION" wipes in underneath "HOME VIDEO", turning it gold instead of gray.
- On Barney's Stu-u-u-u-pendous Puzzle Fun!, it replaces the opening title card in the Barney & Friends intro, like the last logo.
FX/SFX: The CGI animation, Barney's eye sparkling. Looks like it was done on SGI with Alias / Wavefront.
Music/Sounds: The same fanfare from the previous logo.
Availability: Seen on VHS and DVD releases, starting with the 1995 release of Barney Songs. The Classic Collection variant can be seen on tapes and DVDs with the spine with CLASSIC and Barney between COLLECTION and on DVD releases, the official DVD logo is also on the spine.
Editor's Note: None.