ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group
(Redirected from CBS Studios International)
ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group is the international distribution unit of CBS Media Ventures. It was formed in 2004 by Viacom as CBS Paramount International Television, a result of a merger between two television companies, CBS Broadcast International and Paramount International Television. Since September 26, 2006, the company has been part of the CBS Television Distribution Group. In May 2009, CBS Paramount International Television was renamed CBS Studios International. As of 2020, the subsidiary has been renamed as ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group.
CBS Studios International
1st Logo (2009-2021)
Nicknames: "The Racing Eye", "CBS Eyemark", "Warp Speed CBS Eyemark"
Logo: Same as the CBS Television Studios logo, which also debuted in 2009, except the eye and "CBS" are smaller and more in proportion. Also, the stacked words "STUDIOS INTERNATIONAL" are beside the CBS logo instead of "TELEVISION STUDIOS".
Variant: The logo is available in standard 4:3 and widescreen 16:9 formats.
FX/SFX: Same as the CBS Television Studios logo.
- The same theme as the CBS Television Studios logo.
- Often times, a high-toned version is used.
- Sometimes, the ending theme of the show plays instead. This happens on Sony Channel UK airings of Touched by an Angel.
- There's also a silent version.
Music/Sounds Variant: On some international prints of 2010s America's Next Top Model episodes, there's a speedup/triple pitch version of the theme.
Availability: No longer current, but still common internationally.
- It's seen on recent programs such as Survivor: Redemption Island and international adaptations of America's Next Top Model, among other series.
- This is also seen on newer international airings of CBS-owned shows like Cheers and Everybody Loves Raymond.
- The logo can also be seen on Netflix prints and H&I airings of season 3 episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- This logo has also been spotted on later episodes (mainly the "updated" prints of season 7) of Diagnosis: Murder on Me-TV, after the 1999 Viacom "ViaBot" logo, but not on older episodes with the 1990 or 1998 logos or even S2 episodes which have the 1990 and 1995 Paramount logos after the Viacom logo.
- Since CBS Studios International changed its name to ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group, the logo is expected to retire soon.
Editor's Note: Same as the CBS Television Studios logo, but the fonts for the logo match the print logo.
2nd Logo (2012)
Nickname: "CBS Eyemark II"
Logo: We see the CBS Eyemark rotating and placing itself beside the stacked words:
on a black background with a blue spotlight in the middle. Then a spark from the Eyemark explodes.
Editor's Note: TBA
ViacomCBS Global Distribution Group
Nicknames: "Boring ViacomCBS", "Simplistic ViacomCBS"
Logo: On a dark blue background, the letters of "VIACOMCBS" wipe in. At the same time, a slightly brighter blue bar wipes in below the "VIACOMCBS" letters. Then a tri-colored line in 3 shades of blue goes from left to right, turning "VIACOM" in brighter blue and "CBS" in white. The bar below the "VIACOMCBS" wordmark becomes the bar in the same color as the "VIACOM" text with "Global Distribution Group" on it. On the far left side of it are teal green and darker blue squares moving up. The logo zooms in and gets slightly closer to the screen.
FX/SFX: The logo wiping in and zooming in.
Music/Sounds: None so far.
Availability: Brand new. Seen on programs internationally distributed by the company.
Editor's Note: This logo can count as being part of the "simplicity" trend in modern logo and, at the same time, can be considered a boring logo, hence the nicknames. For the music, time will tell if they will use their own music.