Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution
Disney-ABC Home Entertainment and Television Distribution is the domestic distribution unit of Walt Disney Television (formerly Disney–ABC Television Group, and not to be confused with the other one), a division of The Walt Disney Company. It was originally formed in 1985 as "Buena Vista Television", before being renamed in July 2007 as "Disney-ABC Domestic Television" due to Disney retiring the "Buena Vista" brand. In 2015, the company adopted its current name.
Nicknames: "Crashing Stars", "Disney-ABC in the Sky"
Logo: We see two stars flying downward on a black space background. They merge into a white star, and the logo starts to take form with "Disney" (in the corporate font) and the ABC logo (tinted blue) coming in from each side. Clouds appear as the space background turns into a blue sky, and two lines draw themselves in underneath the Disney-ABC logo, while the finished product rotates to the center of the screen. As this is happening, the Disney logo and star fade from white to blue. The words "Home Entertainment and Television Distribution" are seen underneath the logo, and the clouds move slowly to the left.
- Before 2013, the text was "D O M E S T I C T E L E V I S I O N".
- The logo is typically seen in a short version where it cuts off before the clouds make any significant movement.
- On Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (USA) for Nintendo DS, a still version is used. The Disney/ABC logos and words are placed horizontally against a white background, with the Disney and ABC logos separated by a vertical line.
- An updated version of the logo was introduced in September 2013. The sky color fade-in plays faster, and starts a second earlier. The ABC logo was modified into the 2013 rendition that made its debut that summer, but with a blue shine instead of a yellow one (perhaps to match and represent the sky's color). The text underneath the lines is also modified, and are now no longer in spaced-out all-caps, instead having the first letter of each word capitalized and in what appears to be Helvetica.
FX/SFX: The two stars merging and the flying logo.
Music/Sounds: A majestic remix of the 1997 medium-length Buena Vista Television theme. Sometimes, the closing theme plays over the logo.
- On Live! with Kelly and Ryan, the first half of the music plays over before the show fades to the logo and the second half is on the logo. The first half is on low volume while the second half is on the normal volume.
- On Katie, FABLife, and Right This Minute, only the last seven notes are used.
- On some Katie, FABLife, and Right This Minute episodes, a remix of the long Buena Vista Television theme is used.
- Currently appears on post-2007 episodes of first-run syndication programs such as Live! with Kelly and Ryan, and Tamron Hall among others.
- Also seen on the American Wii version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?.
- Reruns of the Meredith Vieira version of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? on GSN plaster the Buena Vista Television logos with this logo. As of 2020, this is the only known instance of this logo plastering over another one.
- Don't expect this to appear on any other series in the Disney-ABC library, as this logo is seen only on first-run syndicated series.
- While this company is still in operation, this logo may or may not be retired in the future, with the debut of the Disney Media Distribution logo in September 2020 being in place of this logo in some programs. However, the Disney Media logo might retire soon due to the company being renamed to "Disney Platform Distribution".
Editor's Note: A perfectly fine logo that, while not as memorable as its predecessors, still uses the BVTV theme in a pretty nice way.