Note: Disney DVDs released before the 2001 Platinum Edition of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs had the print logo only.
1st Logo (October 9, 2001-August 28, 2007; November 23, 2010)
Nicknames: "Pure Digital Magic", "CGI Tinkerbell"
Logo: On a night-sky background, a spark shoots at the middle of the screen, forming a "D". It comes again forming a "V" this time, next to the "D" and for the third time forming another "D". A curved line is drawn, and "DiSNEY", in its corporate font, goes on top of "DVD". The spark goes across the bottom, forming "Pure Digital Magic", and that spark appears to be a CGI Tinkerbell, who smiles at us and takes off, leaving a trail of fairy dust that dissolves a moment later.
Trivia: Tinkerbell's CGI design was used on the intro and bumpers for The Wonderful World of Disney from 2000-2007.
Variant: The text "Pure Digital Magic" may be displayed in a different language depending of the region:
- Spanish (Latin American): Pura Magia Digital
- Portuguese (Brazilian): Pura Magia Digital
- German: Zauber in einen neuen Dimension (Magic in a new dimension)
- Spanish (European): Magia Digital Pura
- French: La Magie du Numérique À L'État Pur (The Magic of Digital In Its Pure State)
- Italian: Pura Magia Digitale
- Portuguese (European): Magia Digital Pura
- Korean: 환상적인 디지털 세계 (Fantastic digital world)
- Russian: НАСТОЯЩЕЕ ЦИФРОВОЕ ВОЛШЕБСТВО
- Czech: Digitálně čisté kouzlo
- Chinese (Mandarin): 數位魅力百分百！(100% digital charm!)
- Arabic: منتهى متعة تكنولوجيا الديجيتال سحر التكنولوجيا الرقمية اقصى الاستمتاع بالتكنولوجيا الرقمية استمتع بسحر تكنولوجيا الديجيتال (The ultimate in digital technology. The magic of digital technology. The ultimate in digital technology. Enjoy the magic of digital technology)
- Hungarian: 100% Digitális Varázslat (100% Digital Magic)
- Hebrew: !קסם דיגיטלי מדהים (Amazing digital magic!)
- Croatian: Svijet Digitalne Čarolije (The World of Digital Magic)
- Bulgarian: ЧИСТА ДИГИТАЛНА МАГИЯ
- Thai: อัศจรรย์ ดิจิตอล เต็มรูปแบบ
- Greek: ΨΗΦΙΑΚΗ ΜΑΓΕΙΑ (DIGITAL MAGIC)
- Slovene: Svet Digitalne Carovnije (The World of Digital Magic)
- Icelandic: Sannkallaðir Töfraheimar (True Magic Worlds)
FX/SFX: All the animation in this logo.
Music/Sounds: A whimsical string/flageolet theme, with a few "swoops" when the sparks fly in.
Availability: Seen on pre-2006 Disney DVD releases, starting with the Platinum Edition DVD of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Several of them are still in print. This slowly began to be phased out with the second logo's introduction in late 2005, with this logo making its final known appearance on the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: Mickey's Treat DVD, released on August 28, 2007, though the logo also makes a surprise appearance on the Baby Einstein Discovery Kits, which were released on November 23, 2010. Strangely, this logo doesn't appear on the 2004 DVD of Mickey, Donald, Goofy: The Three Musketeers. The international variants vary in availability, the Greek, Hebrew, Mandarin and Czech variants could be seen on various Baby Einstein DVDs and the Bulgarian, Russian, Hungarian and Arabic variants could be seen on the Region 4 Special Edition DVDs of Mulan and The Lizzie McGuire Movie. This logo and some of the international variants could also be seen in 2015 reprints of Disney DVDs from Australia and the United Kingdom.
Editor's Note: This is a very well-liked logo.
2nd Logo (October 18, 2005-2014; 2015)
- 2005-2007: "CGI Tinkerbell Redux"
- 2007-2015: "Classic Tinkerbell"
Logo: Starts with the "D" in "DiSNEY" being formed, uncomfortably close to the screen. A spark flies by in tune with the music. When the "DiSNEY" text is formed, it flies out, and "DVD" does so as well, one letter at a time. An explosion of pixie dust forms an arc around the text, completing the logo. More pixie dust forms a white bar with the text "Movies, Magic & More" (same as above in the native language of the country in which it was released). Tinkerbell flies up to the screen momentarily before exiting (reused from the 2001 logo).
Variant: Starting in 2007, the logo was given an enhanced look, and Tinkerbell is in traditional-style 2D animation.
FX/SFX: All the animation in the logo.
Music/Sounds: Same as the previous logo, with more whooshing sounds added when the "DVD" letters fly in.
Music/Sounds Variant: Sometimes the music is high-pitched (mostly on Region 4 DVD's).
Availability: Very common; can be seen on any Disney DVD made between 2005 and 2014 such as Tarzan: Special Edition (the first appearance of this logo), Herbie: Fully Loaded, Chicken Little, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, The Wild, Underdog, WALL-E, Up, and Tinker Bell, among others. Also seen on the 2015 Region 4 DVD reprints of Fantasia 2000, Bolt, Fantasia, The Little Mermaid, Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-it-Ralph, The Princess and the Frog, The Black Cauldron, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Aladdin, Lady and the Tramp, 101 Dalmatians, Bambi, Dumbo, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, The Aristocats, The Lion King, The Jungle Book and The Fox and the Hound (originally reprints of the various releases from 2008-14).
Editor's Note: The sparks in the 2005 variant look superimposed on the logo, and CGI Tinkerbell oddly does not fit with this logo very well. 2D Tinkerbell works a lot better. Still, overall, this logo has fantastic CGI (and traditional animation) all around, even if it doesn't work quite as well as its predecessor.