It's a Laugh Productions
It's a Laugh Productions is a production company owned by Disney Channels Worldwide, a unit of The Walt Disney Company's Disney-ABC Television Group. The company produces live-action children's sitcoms on Disney Channel and Disney XD. The company was founded in 2003 by Don Mink and Amy Rabins, but the company never used a logo until February 2006.
1st Logo (February 3, 2006-September 11, 2020)
Logo: On a black background, the words "It's a" in a blue tilted rectangle clanks the word "productions" (both in a Lucida Handwriting-like font) on a red-orange rectangle (in a fashion like a director's clapboard) to reveal the word "LAUGH" (in the Hobo Std font) on five circles (in the respective order of orange, pink, purple, blue, and green).
- On the Dog with a Blog episode "Stan Talks to Gran", the animation is slowed down.
- Starting in 2009, the logo was slightly altered for high-definition series. The colors are brighter, "LAUGH" is wider, and "It's a" and "productions" are in a more proper Lucida Handwriting Italic font. This variant debuted on the Sonny with a Chance pilot "Sketchy Beginnings". Despite Disney Channel shows running at the time switching to this in 2009, Hannah Montana continued to use the SD variant until its season four premiere the following year.
- On Season 2 of Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything, the logo shares the screen with the 37 Monkeys logo above.
FX/SFX: The words forming.
Music/Sounds: A "clack" sound for the rectangles, followed by a "boing!" when the circles appear.
- On some shows, like Good Luck Charlie, season one of Shake It Up!, the first two seasons of Raven's Home, and some episodes of Sydney to the Max, the closing theme is used.
- On Girl Meets World, the second-half of the Michael Jacobs Productions theme plays over it.
- On seasons 2-3 of Shake It Up!, Selena Gomez yells the show name, which was sampled from the show's theme song.
- On the Dog with a Blog episode "Too Short", after the normal logo audio is heard, Stan (voiced by Stephen Full on the show) says "Oh, not the spring! I was afraid of that...".
- On at least one episode of Bizaardvark (which would normally have the closing theme), the logo is silent.
- On the second season of I Didn't Do It, the sounds play with the end theme of the show.
Availability: No longer current.
- First seen on the second season of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and then on every live-action Disney Channel/Disney XD sitcom from the company until 2020.
- It was also used in tandem with the next logo until September of said year.
- Don't expect to see this on Hannah Montana: The Movie (the company's only theatrical film to date so far).
- The last Raven's Home episode to use this logo was the season 2 episode "Keepin' It Real", as it was the only show to debut the next logo (at that time) on its third season.
- The last shows to use this logo overall were the Sydney to the Max season 2 episode "Thirteen Candles", the Bunk'd season 4 episode "Breaking Barb", and made its official last appearance on the Coop and Cami Ask the World season 2 episode, "Would You Wrather Have A Snow Day?".
- With the upcoming episodes now announced to use the next logo, it is safe to say that this logo has officially been retired.
Editor's Note: This logo is a favorite amongst some fans of Disney Channel/Disney XD sitcoms in general. It has also attracted a few criticism for its longevity.
2nd Logo (June 17, 2019-)
Logo: On a white background, the words "IT'S A LAUGH" (in the Linotype Spitz typeface with the "G" edited slightly) appear shaking with "IT'S" and "LAUGH" in blue, and the "A" in red. The "A" tilts clockwise and gains a small black shadow. When the logo is done zooming out slowly, the words stop shaking. Below it, the word "PRODUCTIONS" in a smaller bold, black, and spaced out font is seen while all of this is happening.
FX/SFX: The shaking letters, the slow zoom out, and the "A" tilting.
Music/Sounds: A drumroll followed by a duck quacking.
- During the early usage of this logo, it was the end theme of the show.
- On season 4 of Raven's Home, the second-half of the Institute for Individual Education theme plays over it.
Availability: Current. First appeared on the Raven's Home season 3 episode "Friend-Ship". Since the previous logo retired, it has since become more widespread, later appearing on Bunk'd (beginning with the season 5 episode "Lou's Still the Boss, but Now There's a Ross") and Sydney to the Max (beginning with the season 3 episode "Tearin' Up My Room").
Editor's Note: While it's more bland than the previous logo, it's a refreshing change seeing a new logo when the previous one was used for more than 13 years.