It's a Laugh Productions
It's a Laugh Productions is a production company owned by Disney Channels Worldwide, a unit of The Walt Disney Company's Disney-ABC Television Group. The company produces live-action children's sitcoms on Disney Channel and Disney XD. The company was founded in 2003 by Don Mink and Amy Rabins, but the company never used a logo until February 2006.
1st Logo (February 3, 2006- )
Logo: On a black background, the words "It's a" in a blue tilted rectangle clanks the word "productions" on a red-orange rectangle (in a fashion like a Director's Clapboard) to reveal the word "LAUGH" on five circles, and the circles get filled in one by one in this order: circle 1 is in orange, 2 is in pink,3 is in purple, 4 is in blue, and 5 is in green.
- On the Dog with a Blog episode "Stan Talks to Gran", the logo's animation is slowed down.
- In 2009, the logo's animation was slightly altered for high-definition series. The colors are brighter, "LAUGH" is wider, and "It's a" and "productions" are in a different font. This variant debuted on the Sonny with a Chance pilot "Sketchy Beginnings". Despite Disney Channel shows that was running at the time switched to this in 2009, Hannah Montana continued to use the SD variant until its season four premiere in 2010.
FX/SFX: The word "LAUGH" forming on circles.
Music/Sounds: A "clack" and a "BOING!".
- On some shows, like Good Luck Charlie and season one of Shake It Up!, the closing theme is played instead.
- On Girl Meets World, the second-half of the Michael Jacobs Productions jingle plays over it.
- On seasons 2-3 of Shake It Up!, we only hear Selena Gomez yell "Shake It Up!". This was sampled from the show's theme song.
- On the Dog with a Blog episode "Too Short", after the normal logo audio is heard, we hear Stan (voiced by Stephen Full on the show) say "Oh, not the spring! I was afraid of that...".
- On at least one episode of Bizaardvark (which would normally have the closing theme), the logo is silent.
Availability: Very common. This logo was first seen on the second season of The Suite Life of Zack and Cody, and on every live-action Disney Channel/Disney XD sitcom ever since, excluding Stuck in the Middle and Andi Mack.
Editor's Note: None.
2nd Logo (June 17, 2019-)
Logo: On a white background, the words "IT'S A LAUGH" is seen shaking with "IT'S" and "LAUGH" in blue, while "A" is in red. The "A" tilts clockwise and gains a black shadow. When the logo is done zooming out slowly, the words stop shaking. Below, the word, "PRODUCTIONS in a smaller bold, black, and spaced out font is seen while all of this is happening.
FX/SFX: The shaking letters, the zooming out, and the "A" tilting.
Music/Sounds: A drumroll and two duck quacks, or the end theme of the show.
Availability: Brand new. It first appeared on the Raven's Home episode, "Friend-Ship" and will likely be seen on other Disney Channel/XD sitcoms in the future.
Editor's Note: While it's more bland than the previous logo, it's a refreshing change seeing a new logo when the previous one was used for more than 13 years.