Logo Variations - DreamWorks Animation
|Standard Logos||Logo Variations||Trailer Variations|
Shark Tale (2004)
- After the logo is finished, we fade into a closer shot of the fishing boy, who throws his fishing rod (and an earthworm that's on its hook) into the water.
Over the Hedge (2006):
- The words "ANIMATION" and "SKG" are both missing.
Flushed Away (2006):
- The word "ANIMATION" is removed.
Shrek the Third (2007):
- The camera pans down from the logo into the clouds, which then turn into storm clouds.
Bee Movie (2007):
- Barry B. Benson flies by, and the boy repeatedly shoos him. Barry stings the boy, and he accidentally lets go of his balloons and tumbles off the moon. Barry then takes the boy's spot on the moon. The boy's voice is also revealed in this variant, with the said character having a teen-like voice.
- At the end of the film, bees from the closing credits fly past to wipe from the Paramount Pictures logo to the normal DreamWorks Animation logo.
Kung Fu Panda (2008) and Secrets of the Furious Five (2008):
- The logo starts out with an animal wearing a hat climbing up houses and clouds and working its way up until he reaches the moon. It sits on the moon and takes out a fishing rod, which he uses to pull up the rest of the DreamWorks Animation logo. The logo is done in the animation style used in the beginning of the movie. On Secrets of the Furious Five, the logo fades in a little later.
Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa (2008):
- The logo plays normally, until Skipper hits the boy and drags him through the moon! A fight can be heard and soon the penguins appear together. Skipper then uses the rod to catch a fish, saying, "Well done, boys. Looks like ice cold sushi for breakfast." They all do their high-fives as the camera pans down to start the movie.
Monsters vs. Aliens (2009):
- This is the last film to use the 2004-2009 logo. The logo is in black and white, and while the logo is almost over, a UFO hovers over the moon and abducts the boy on the moon, then it burns up to start the movie.
How to Train Your Dragon (2010):
- Toothless is flying in the sky of the logo. When the logo finishes, it becomes a reflection in the water and gradually fades into the opening of the movie.
- The logo plays as usual, but when it finishes, it turns into the print logo, which is shown on the opening scene of the film.
Scared Shrekless (2010):
- The boy gets scared and jumps behind the moon. A few seconds later, he peeks out from behind the moon.
Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011):
- The logo starts out over a row of houses. Several flower petals from a couple of peach trees are blown up to the sky, where the moon is residing. The flower petals then form the spirit of Master Oogway, who brings up the rest of the logo from below with a fishing rod (similar to the logo variant from the first film). The logo is also in the animation style used in the beginning of the movie, just like in the first film.
Book of Dragons (2011):
- The 2010 logo plays normally, but towards the middle, it turns into a page from an old book. After it's formed, a dragon comes in and breathes fire, segueing to the beginning.
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012):
- The space background is replaced with a blue sky, the text and moon are in a glowing blue color, and the camera pans down to start the movie when the logo is complete.
Rise of the Guardians (2012):
- It's snowing, the boy is replaced by Jack Frost, the logo animates differently, and when it's complete, the text freezes and dissolves into snow.
The Croods (2013):
- A 3D ember is seen floating around and revealing the logo, which is done in the style of a prehistoric cave painting. On FXM prints, the film starts at the logo already formed.
- The logo is in a shade of white on a light blue background. As the animation is complete, the camera pans quickly down to start the movie.
Mr. Peabody and Sherman (2014):
- Sherman takes the place of the boy on the moon.
Almost Home (2014):
- The logo is already completed, the letters go away, as the background fades out to space and the moon turns into a planet.
Penguins of Madagascar (2014):
- A glacier calves, revealing the logo. The crescent part of the moon also calves to reveal the Penguins, standing on each other's shoulders and holding a fishing rod.
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014):
- Exactly the same as How to Train Your Dragon, but without Toothless.
Rocky and Bullwinkle (2014):
- The logo is animated in the style of the original show, Rocky is replacing the boy in the moon, as he moves his fishing rod, we see that he fished Bullwinkle.
- Same as the "Almost Home" variant, but the boy gets sucked up by a violet tube and a Boov takes the boy's spot.
Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016):
- The logo starts with Po running up a mountain with stairs, and getting increasingly tired while doing so. When he reaches the top, he says "Okay, guys, just start without me", but then flops onto the moon next to the mountain's summit, gets comfortable and pulls out a fishing rod to bring up the rest of the logo (like the variants for the first two films above). This is all done in the same animation style as the variants from the previous films.
- At the tail end of the logo, a purple background page turns with a drawing of the boy on the moon. Stars appear one by one, and the letters drop down all together, in the Cooper font. They arrange themselves, and troll hair from the film appears on the boy. Also, the theme is sung in acapella.
The Boss Baby (2017):
- The logo is in the form of a mobile on the background, with the text at the top and the print version of the boy on the moon (4 of them, for that matter) can be seen hanging from it, along with other various objects usually seen on a mobile.
Trolls: World Tour (2020):
- It looks and animates like the original film, however, the 'DREAMWORKS' text is in its normal font and it also shows the Comcast byline in orange. A troll then drops in to the crescent (Which actually looks like Barb). To represent that rock music is the music-genre antagonist, a three-pointed red hair drops in on top of it, followed by an electric guitar. The troll plays the guitar while scratting to it. The page flips to the prologue.
The Croods 2: A New Age (2020):
- Similar to the first film, Belt can be seen holding a torch whilst igniting it. Successfully doing so, he moves the torch down to reveal the 'DREAMWORKS' and Comcast byline in orange. He then says his catchphrase "Dun Dun DUUUNNN!!" before resting on the moon. He then looks at us before the screen fades out.