Logo Variations - Pixar Animation Studios
From CLG Wiki
|Standard Logos||Logo Variations||Trailer Variations|
Toy Story (1995, post-2006 prints):
- Normal animation, but when Luxo Jr. faces us, the animation freezes for a few seconds, and fades to the opening scene of the movie.
Lifted (2007, short):
- Luxo Jr.'s "head" fades into the moon and when its head turns, the sound it makes also sounds different.
- The logo starts normally, but after Luxo Jr. looks at us, his light shorts out. Then, WALL-E comes in and changes the bulb. He then leaves, but knocks down the "R" in "PIXAR" on the way. He looks at the fallen "R", and then hides his head, clasps his "hands" and puts down his door to make an "R" shape. The rest of the logo then continues as normal as WALL-E peeks out in cowardliness. Seen after the credits and on the PS2 version of the WALL-E video game.
- On the PS3, PC, Xbox 360, Wii and PSP versions of the film's video game, the print logo is made up of blue glowing lines. The DS version uses a still version of the normal logo.
Up (2009, video game):
- On the DS version, the still print version is seen on a white background.
- On the XBOX 360, Wii and PS3 versions of the game, the print logo without Luxo Jr. is slighty tilted and slowly moving up on a backdrop of the sky, multiple colored balloons are then seen also floating up. The PS2, PSP, and PC versions have the normal logo.
Toy Story Toons (2011-):
- Luxo Jr. looks up as we scroll up to the title.
Cars 2 (2011):
- When Luxo Jr. looks at us, the text fades out. Then, the rest of the logo fades out. When it does that, the text "CELEBRATING" fades in. The text "25 YEARS" fades in also. The text "25" is bigger than usual, and the text "YEARS" is below "25". The text "CELEBRATING" fades out, followed by "25 YEARS" afterwards. Only theatrical releases and Disney+ prints used this logo, while DVDs, TV airings, and the video game adaption used the standard logo instead.
Incredibles 2 (2018):
- The logo's background is red, the lamp itself is black all over, and the lamp's light is yellow-colored, making the logo themed after the Incredibles logo's usual colors.
- At the end of the movie, the closing variant is normal, with the closing theme of the movie being played over, but the sound effects (except for the light switching off) are silent.
Toy Story 4 (2019):
- The logo plays as normal, but "ANIMATION STUDIOS" is already present, and when Luxo Jr. faces the camera, it starts to rain. The screen turns dark, with the lamp's light shining through the rain until lightning flashes, transitioning into the opening scene.
- At the end of the film, instead of the lamp, Duke Caboom rides in on his motorcycle and bounces the "I" down with it. Then, a Combat Carl toy (whom Woody left hanging for a high-five earlier in the film) enters from the left and finally gets a high-five from Duke, at which the logo instantly cuts to black (the clap sound substituting for the lamp's light clicking off). Both times, the logo is the 2D version, even in 3D, in which case depth is applied to the logo.
Soul (2020, Disney+)
- After Luxo Jr. turns off his bulb, Terry appears on the screen and says "Hey, the movie's over! Go home!"