Rovio Animation (Finland)
Rovio Animation, Ltd. is the animation division of Kaiken Entertainment after it was acquired from its original owner, Rovio Entertainment, in March 2017. It is led by former Rovio CEO Mikael Hed. Sony Pictures Television carries distribution for their television output.
(May 20, 2016- )
Nicknames: "The Red Swirl IV", "CGI Red Swirl II', "The Red R IV", "CGI Red R II", "Smooth R", "The Second Movie Logo", "SF Studios' Finnish Cousin", "The Flaming R"
Logo: On a black background, some red sparks start to appear briefly, three times, until the big spark bursts out, turning into a big mess of red stripes that go through the lake of the forest. During that, the red stripes changes to orange, until it hits into the water. The stripes rises from the water, forming the famous "R" logo, except without jagged edges. The words "ROVIO" in white with "ANIMATION" (In a length fitted to fit "ROVIO") below fades in, as the orange color of the "R" fades to solid red, with the sparks disappearing. The logo freezes and the whole thing fades to black.
- There's a short version that starts a few seconds in.
- On The Angry Birds Movie 2, the bottom line reads "ENTERTAINMENT" instead. The film is a co-production with Sony Pictures Animation.
- On a Polish cinema advert for said film, the logo is on a TV screen.
FX/SFX: Beautiful CGI animation done by Picturemill.
Music/Sounds: The opening theme of the movie, accompanied by twinkling and whooshes.
- Both Angry Birds films use an acoustic tune based on the Angry Birds theme, which is actually part of both films' opening scores by Heitor Pereira.
- On the short version, the sounds of the characters from Angry Birds are heard.
Availability: Can be found on The Angry Birds Movie and its sequel. The short version is seen on Netflix and KidsClick prints of Angry Birds Toons.
Editor's Note: It's a beautiful logo.