TV-Loonland AG (Germany)
TV-Loonland AG (formerly TMO Film and TMO-Loonland) was a German animation company. In 2000, they acquired the television arm of Sony Wonder, which included Sunbow Entertainment and its catalog and later on purchased the British home video company Metrodome Distribution. In 2008, Hasbro acquired the rights to the Marvel/Sunbow animated series based on their properties (The Transformers, G.I. Joe, etc.) from TV-Loonland. In 2009, the company filed for bankruptcy and in 2011 it was acquired by fellow German company m4e (Made For Entertainment) AG, which was acquired bt Belgian-based Studio 100 in 2017.
1st Logo (November 30, 1998-2000?)
Nicknames: "The Sheep", "Sheep On A Dome"
Logo: On a white background, we see the words "TMO-LOONLAND". Below the text is a yellow rectangle, with a blue dome on the bottom with a sheep on it.
- On The Little Lulu Show, the background is black.
- On Babar: King of the Elephants, the logo is in-credit.
Music/Sounds: The closing theme of the show.
Availability: Ultra rare.
- The white background variant appears on Fat Dog Mendoza, while the black background variant appears on Season 3 of The Little Lulu Show.
- The in-credit version appears on Babar: King of the Elephants.
Editor's Note: None.
2nd Logo (2000?-2009)
Nicknames: "The Sheep II", "The Paper Sheep", "Sheep On A Dome II", "The Connie the Cow Logo"
Logo: On a white background, a yellow rectangle fades in. After that, we see a blue dome zooming out and the "TV-LOONLAND AG" text flying out, casting a shadow that actually moves behind the rectangle. After the logo forms, we see a sheep falling onto the dome. Then the logo freezes before it fades out or cuts to black.
- On the Echo Bridge Home Entertainment DVD print of Connie The Cow, after the logo fades out, we see a text saying "This work has been registered in EGEDA. Work protected by the Audiovisuals Producers' Rights Administrations Body."
- On some shows, such as The Cramp Twins and the Christmas special Donner, the entire logo is 2D and has a copyright notice on the bottom.
- On some shows, the text and dome are a greenish cyan and is on a black background.
- Sometimes, the "AG" is absent from the logo.
- An in-credit version exists.
FX/SFX: 2D-looking CG animation, or none.
Music/Sounds: Some whoosh sounds followed by loud sheep noises, the closing theme of the show, or silence.
- The standard version appears as a de-facto home video logo on many British Metrodome releases of TV-Loonland material, as well as Connie The Cow. A shortened version appears on Henry's World and Connie the Cow.
- The still version appears at the end of some prints of Sunbow Entertainment's Hasbro cartoons as well as on The Cramp Twins, Hoze Hounds, Redwall and the TV special Donner.
- The in-credit version only appears on Pat & Stan.
Editor's Note: The loud sheep sounds make this logo spooky. Also, the animation in this logo is choppy and looks cheap.