Very Good Productions
This is Ellen DeGeneres' vanity card.
(September 8, 2003-)
Nicknames: "Anyway...", "Ellen's Sneakers"
Logo: On a white background, we see Ellen DeGeneres's legs wearing black pants and navy blue canvas sneakers on the left standing on a greenish floor. They cross, and
unfolds word by word at the right.
- Starting in 2008, during The Ellen DeGeneres Show's switch to HD broadcasting, the logo is zoomed out more against a border of blue panels with watery animations. The top and bottom sides are a lighter shade of blue than the ones on the side.
- In 2013, the logo was given a makeover. This variant shows Ellen crossing her legs (wearing different shoes) on a white background. The screen then flashes, and the picture changes to a black 2D version of Ellen's pose, with "A VERY GOOD PRODUCTION" in a stencil-like font. In 2021, this variant was re-shot on a completely white background (the 2013 version has some blue lights behind Ellen's leg-crossing).
- On The Masked Dancer, the logo appears next to the Warner Horizon Unscripted Television logo.
- Depending on the show, the 2013-2021 variant may run in 60fps (talk shows) or 30fps (game shows and scripted series).
- On some shows, the 2021 variant flashes to the final shot as soon as Ellen crosses her legs.
FX/SFX: The words appearing, Ellen's legs crossing, and the animated borders. For the post-2013 variant, her legs crossing and the screen flashing.
Music/Sounds: Ellen DeGeneres saying "Anyway...". The Ellen DeGeneres Show has said show's end theme accompanied with the voice-over.
- On rare occasions, her voice is not used.
- Starting in 2013, a flash sound is heard after Ellen's dialogue.
- NBC and ABC airings of other Very Good shows use their generic themes over the logo.
Availability: Seen on all episodes of The Ellen DeGeneres Show. The 2013 variant appears on later episodes of said show, as well as other shows such as One Big Happy, Sophia Grace & Rosie's Royal Adventure, The Masked Dancer, Ellen's Game of Games, and Netflix's adaptation of Green Eggs and Ham.
Editor's Note: None.